LSAB News April 2017
New learning opportunity from Lewisham Safeguarding Adults Board
Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent (WRAP)
In addition to the e-learning provided by the Home Office Lewisham Safeguarding Adults Board offers a workshop in partnership with Lewisham Safeguarding Children Board to raise awareness of the Prevent program.
Who is this training for?
All professionals working with children, young people and adults in Lewisham.
Aims and Objectives:
- Develop understanding of Prevent Strategy & roles within it
- Develop existing expertise & professional judgement in relation to extremism & radicalisation or recruitment to extremist groups
- Increase awareness of national/international picture of extremism & terrorism
- Improve confidence to raise concerns
- Raise awareness of Channel interventions; safeguarding the individual
- Increase whole organisation's capacity to prevent extremism & safeguard vulnerable people
How will it be delivered?
The training will be offered via Lunchtime Briefings.
Tuesday 9th May 2017
Wednesday 13th December 2017
12:00 - 14:00
Places are limited book your place now (You will be redirected to LSCB website)
Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG)
As part of the overall programme of work on the VAWG agenda Lewisham Council are running a consultation until 30th April 2017, for professionals and service-users to complete. The results of the consultation will aid the Safer Lewisham Partnership’s development of the next Lewisham 2017-2021 VAWG Strategy.
Hard copies of the consultation with free postal responses are also available at community libraries.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please contact
This consultation is now closed if you have any questions, comments or concerns on the consultation you can still contact the Violence Against Women and Girls Team at Lewisham Council firstname.lastname@example.org