The overarching purpose of the Lewisham Safeguarding Adults Board (LSAB) is to help and safeguard adults with care and support needs by:
- Assuring itself that local safeguarding arrangements are in place as defined by the Care Act 2014 and statutory guidance;
- Assuring itself that safeguarding practice is person-centred and outcome-focused;
- Working collaboratively to prevent abuse and neglect where possible;
- Ensuring agencies and individuals give timely and proportionate responses when abuse or neglect have occurred; and
- Assuring itself that safeguarding practice is continuously improving and enhancing the quality of life of adults in its area.
The Board meets four times a year and has an Independent Chair.
In Lewisham the Board believes that "Safeguarding is Everyone's Business". Its pledge to the people in Lewisham is that by working together and in partnership the risk of abuse or harm can be reduced by raising awareness of safeguarding of adults. As intelligence is gathered from across the partnership activity trends can be analysed and areas of concern identified so that preventative measures can be applied to keep people safe.