LSAB Adult Safeguarding - Raising Awareness Conference
Lewisham Safeguarding Adults Conference
Adult Safeguarding – Raising awareness
The Lewisham Safeguarding Adults Board held a conference at Goldsmiths University on the 15th February to raise awareness of Adult Safeguarding. This was an opportunity to continue to develop everyone’s understanding of how to prevent and respond to abuse. The LSAB Independent Chair, Professor Michael Preston-Shoot opened and welcomed everybody to the conference.
The Programme from the day
Guest speakers and workshop facilitators
- Jane Lawson – Advisor LGA &ADASS
- Nicole Ridgewell – Solicitor Ridouts
- Megan Karnes – Founder/ Director Hoarding UK
- Liz Symmonds – Sergeant Adult Safeguarding SME Met Police
- Nik Wolf – SVA Liaison Officer Met Police
Work Shop Facilitators
- Neil Cox – Inspection Manager CQC
- Margaret Sharpe – Locality Manager Skills for Care
- Nicholas Stabler – Trading Standards Manager, LBL
- Nicole Jacobs – CEO, Standing together
- Daniel Baker – Lead office MC & DoL’s Central Bedfordshire CC
Delegates were given the choice to attend two workshops throughout the day
- Raising Standards in Care Homes
- Domestic Abuse & Safeguarding
Please find below the footage from the Conference.
Jane Lawson - Adult Safeguarding
Nicole Ridgwell - A Legal Update
Megan Karnes - Hoarding UK
Lyz Symmonds & Nik Wolf - Metropolitan Police
If you would like to find out more about what the Metropolitan Police Service are doing on safeguarding adults in Lewisham please contact Sergeant Nik Wolf, Adult Safeguarding Liaison Officer, Lewisham, BOCU. Lewishamemail@example.com
Nicole Jacobs - The Coordinated Community Response and DHR Findings
Nation Trading Standards - Scams Team
Click below for hand outs and presentations from the day.
MCA SAB Workshop - DAN BAKER
MCA SAB Workshop - additional points final version by DAN BAKER
Raising Standards in Care Homes Workshop - NEIL COX
With thanks to Suzanne Drake for organising the conference on behalf of the Lewisham Safeguarding Adults Board.