Breast Ironing & Honour Based Violence
Target Group: Any professional working with children and young people in the Borough of Lewisham.
Trainers: FORWARD (commissioned by MOPAC)
Time of Session: 9:30 - 4:30
Venue: Will be confirmed in the booking confirmation email.
Dates: Friday 7th December 2018
Delegates: 20 places
Aims and Objectives:
- The different harmful practices being perpetrated against women and girls.
- Explain the role of the FORWARD in dealing with Violence Against Women.
- A clear understanding of the power dynamics at play.
- Identify the risk factors that can render women and girls vulnerable to harmful practices. To also identify the signs/symptoms that a woman or a girl is at risk of, or experiencing, harmful practice/s.
- Describe the legislative and policy frameworks that exist for the prevention of harmful practices, the safeguarding of women and girls and the prosecution of the perpetrators.
- Identify key referral pathways.