Introduction to Safeguarding Children & Young People in Lewisham - Lunchtime Briefing
Target Audience: Professionals who work with or who have regular contact with children and young people.
Trainer: Nikki Thorpe, Lewisham Safeguarding Children Board
Dates: Friday 22nd June 2018 Course now closed
Thursday 20th September 2018 Course now closed
Monday 19th November 2018 Course now closed
Tuesday 22nd January 2019
Friday 29th March 2019
Delegates: 30 places
Aims & Objectives
- Understanding the role and functions of your Lewisham Safeguarding Children Board.
- Understanding the difference between child protection and safeguarding.
- Developing a child centred practice and a co-ordinated response to safeguarding children and young people.
- What children and young people need from people who work with them.
- The role of safeguarding and child protection leads in your organisation.
- Accessing appropriate training to increase your knowledge of safeguarding subjects.