Introduction to the LSCB Training Programme, Terms & Conditions, and Venues
Introduction to the LSCB Training Programme
Welcome to the Lewisham Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) training programme 2019- 2020.
This training supplements the single agency training provided by your organisation and aims to provide all professionals who work with Lewisham’s children and young people a variety of skills and knowledge in safeguarding practice to keep those who are vulnerable safe.
LSCB courses provide an opportunity to network, share information and ideas, and learn about the range of services available in Lewisham. Multi-agency training also facilitates a shared understanding and common language within agencies to better safeguard children and young people in the borough. It is crucial that staff are supported to attend single and multi-agency training as well as have a system in place to monitor how the knowledge and skills gained from training are transferred in everyday practice.
Individual agencies and employers are responsible for ensuring that their staff are competent and confident in carrying out their responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and in order to fulfil their safeguarding duties as identified in Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018.
The LSCB may provide additional training to what is listed in response to local or national developments. We recommend you review the training programme regularly and access the LSCB Safeguarding Briefings via our website.
All applicants must have completed the MeLearning Safeguarding Children - Level 1 course, or equivalent within the last 3 years prior to attending any other course.
Terms and Conditions
- We recommend all applicants complete Safeguarding Children Level 1 or above prior to attending any LSCB training.
- LSCB multi-agency training is provided free of charge to those working with children and young people in the Borough of Lewisham.
- A £75 charge will be applied for the following reasons:-
- Delegates must provide written cancellation notice of at least 5 working days’ notice at email@example.com.
- Non-attendance at a course.
- Please arrive on time and be prepared to stay for the whole session otherwise a charge may be applied. If you are significantly late, it is at the Trainer’s discretion if you permitted onto the course.
- Applications after the booking closing date may be considered if places remain available. Applicants should telephone 020 8314 3396 to check if a place is available.
- Queries can be made by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 020 8314 3396
The venue will be confirmed in the booking confirmation email– please ensure you read this carefully.
The venue will be contained in your confirmation email – please ensure you read this carefully. Most courses will take place at Kaleidoscope, the Town Hall Chambers, Civic Suite, or the Owen Centre at Lewisham Hospital or Lewisham Police Station. It is important you check your confirmation email carefully.
The entrance to Town Hall Chambers is located next to the Broadway Theatre entrance - please ring the bell to notify reception of your arrival. Limitations to DDA Compliance in Town Hall Chambers: this venue is not fully DDA compliant. If you have a condition that may restrict your ability to use the stairs in an emergency, please let us know when you apply for the course so that we can try to source alternative premises.
Town Hall Chambers & the Civic Suite
Buses: 47, 136, 208, 181, 284, 199, 171, 185, 160, 124, 75.
Trains: Catford Bridge and Catford
Buses: 47, 54, 75, 136, 185, 199, 208, 284, 484, P4.
Trains: Ladywell Station. Short bus ride from Catford Bridge, Catford and Lewisham Stations.