Self-Harm & Suicide Ideation in Young People Awareness
Target Group Professionals who work directly with children, young people and families, and who contribute to assessing, planning, intervening,
and reviewing the needs of a child or young person
Trainer: John Lincoln - Lewisham Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service
Times: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Dates: Thursday 27th September 2018 - 4 spaces are available as of the 13.09.18
Tuesday 5th March 2019 - bookings now closed for this date
Delegates: 20 places
Aims and Objectives:
- Provide an overview and develop a better understanding of what self-harm looks like in young people.
- How practitioners can recognise the common warning signs of self-harm and manage it
- Identify the management of self-harm and the care pathways.
- The link between self-harm and suicide ideation.
- Suicidal intent.
- Increase knowledge and awareness in in young people including appropriate identification of risk.
- To gain an understanding of the management of self-harm and suicidality care pathway; where agencies, young people, parents and carers can go for support.