Working with Perpetrators of Domestic Violence
Workers in Lewisham from across the health, housing and social care spectrum (including those in the voluntary sector) who are likely to come into contact with domestic violence perpetrators and want to know more about how to respond
Trainer: Colin Fitzgerald, Solace Women's Aid
Time of Session: 9:30 - 4:30
Venue: Will be confirmed in the booking confirmation email.
Dates: Tuesday 11th December 2018 This date is now full.
Wednesday 20th February 2019 - This date is now full
Delegates: 20 places
Aims and Objectives:
- Better identify perpetrators of domestic violence
- Make appropriate referrals to other agencies upon identification
- Understand the dynamics of perpetrators use of violence
- Better understand the risks posed by perpetrator to (ex) partners and children
- Undertake initial motivational work with perpetrators to help explore their use of violence
- Understand the differences between empathic and collusive working in a domestic violence context