LSAB News December 2016
Keeping Safe in your home this Christmas
The Government has issued a short leaflet - Wishing You a Safe and Happy Christmas which gives great advice and helpful reminders on keeping safe in the your home this Christmas.
Visiting rights in Care Homes
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) have published an easy read guide outlining your rights and the care home's obligations when you're visiting your loved one.
Do you need help in your home?
If you need extra help with day-to-day living, so that you can stay safe at home and live independently, there are services that can help.
There are a number of different health services available to help prevent you developing a health condition or manage a current health condition. These services can help you stay safe, maintain your well-being and remain at home longer.
Some of the services that can help include:
- Equipment for your home – Items to help you live independently at home
- Changes to your home – Adapting your home so you stay independent
- Linkline Alarm System – Wear an alarm so you can get help in an emergency
- Homecare Services – Assessed services to help you at home
- Meals and shopping – Food and drink to support your health and wellbeing
- Falls prevention – How to reduce your risk of falling and be more safe at home
Lewisham Council has lots of helpful information on all of these services on their webpage.
If you are aged 65 or older Independent Age has essential advice for over 65's to live independently.
White Ribbon Campaign Thunderclap Update
The White Ribbon Campaign UK have reported success with their Thunderclap with a social reach of over 2 million.
It's not too late to show your support for the campaign; make your pledge.