About Us and How To Contact Us
The overarching purpose of the Lewisham Safeguarding Adults Board (LSAB) is to help and safeguard adults with care and support needs by:
- Assuring itself that local safeguarding arrangements are in place as defined by the Care Act 2014 and statutory guidance;
- Assuring itself that safeguarding practice is person-centred and outcome-focused;
- Working collaboratively to prevent abuse and neglect where possible;
- Ensuring agencies and individuals give timely and proportionate responses when abuse or neglect have occurred; and
- Assuring itself that safeguarding practice is continuously improving and enhancing the quality of life of adults in its area.
The Board meets four times a year and has an Independent Chair.
In Lewisham the Board believes that "Safeguarding is Everyone's Business". Its pledge to the people in Lewisham is that by working together and in partnership the risk of abuse or harm can be reduced by raising awareness of safeguarding of adults. As intelligence is gathered from across the partnership activity trends can be analysed and areas of concern identified so that preventative measures can be applied to keep people safe.
**Do not contact the Independent Safeguarding Adults Board to report Safeguarding Concerns. You need to contact Adult Social Care Gateway at Lewisham Council. Please see "How to Report a Safeguarding Adult Concern" section below. Please also consider the transmission of personal information when making a referral to the Council. **
There are two ways that you can get in contact with us, by email or letter.
Postal Address: Lewisham Safeguarding Adults Board, C/o London Borough of Lewisham, 3rd Floor, Laurence House, Catford, London, SE6 4RU.
How to Report a Safeguarding Adult Concern
If you suspect that you or an adult you care about may be at risk of abuse or neglect call Lewisham Adult Gateway on 020 8314 7777 alternatively if you have concerns about the immediate safety of an adult at risk then please contact the Police on 999.
There are a number of ways you can contact Gateway
The Gateway can be contacted Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Tel: 020 8314 7777 (select option 1)
Fax: 020 8314 3014
You can also follow us on Twitter @lewisham_sab