Safeguarding in Care Homes Guidelines and Tools
NICE guideline on Safeguarding adults in care homes
The final guideline has now been published on the NICE website. You can also find the supporting evidence, tools and resources as well as all the stakeholder comments that were received during consultation and the responses to these comments. The comments were invaluable in helping NICE to develop and refine the guideline. They have also produced an equality impact assessment to support the guideline.
The recommendations from this guideline have been included in the NICE Pathway on safeguarding adults in care homes, which brings together everything which was said on safeguarding adults in care homes in an interactive flowchart. There is brief information about the guideline for people using services, carers and the public at ‘Information for the public’.
If you have any further queries, please contact SafeguardingAdults@nice
Health and Safety Executive Guidance - Violence and aggression at work
The Health and Safety Executive has refreshed their guidance for employers on Violence and aggression at work. The guidance includes information on topics including:
- What violence in the workplace is and how to prevent it
- Health and safety laws which are relevant to violence at work
- How to assess the risks of violent incidents at work
- Put the right controls in place to protect your workers from violence
- What incidents to report and how to learn from them
- Typical examples of how employers have reduced the risk of violence
and includes Advice for workers:
- How your employer and you can prevent violence