Data Protection and Privacy
Lewisham Safeguarding Children Partnership website are committed to maintaining your personal information in a manner which meets the requirements of the EU Law introduced in May 2011 and the subsequent Data Protection Act (2018) and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept secure against unauthorised access, loss, disclosure or destruction.
In order to respect your privacy, we manage personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act's eight 'Data Protection Principles':
- Your personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Your personal data will be obtained only for specified purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that those purposes.
- Your personal data will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Your personal data will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Your personal data will not be kept for longer than is necessary for those purposes.
- Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Your personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection
For more detailed information on the Data Protection Act 2018 visit the Information Commissioner's website
How your personal information is stored and why it is backed up
We keep a backed up copy of the website encrypted and ready if we need to do a restore.
We only collect the data we need to run the website and do not store any data other than what is required. We collect anonymous statistical data to see how well the website is performing
The Data Protection Act
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We do not pass on your details to any third parties and the information that you provide to us will be used to keep a record of your subscription to deliver updates to you on requested web content only.
Nikki Thorpe is the Data Protection officer for Lewisham Safeguarding Children, you can email her with any data queries you may have. Email: Nikki.Thorpe@lewisham.gov.uk.