Terms & Conditions
Introduction to the LSCP Training Programme
Welcome to the Lewisham Safeguarding Children Partnership (LSCP) training programme 2022 - 2023.
This training supplements the single agency training provided by your organisation and aims to provide all professionals who work with Lewisham’s children and young people a variety of skills and knowledge in safeguarding practice to keep those who are vulnerable safe.
LSCP courses provide an opportunity to network, share information and ideas, and learn about the range of services available in Lewisham. Multi-agency training also facilitates a shared understanding and common language within agencies to better safeguard children and young people in the borough. It is crucial that staff are supported to attend single and multi-agency training as well as have a system in place to monitor how the knowledge and skills gained from training are transferred in everyday practice.
Individual agencies and employers are responsible for ensuring that their staff are competent and confident in carrying out their responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and in order to fulfil their safeguarding duties as identified in Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018.
The LSCP may provide additional training to what is listed in response to local or national developments. We recommend you review the training programme regularly and access the LSCP Safeguarding Briefings via our Events Management System.
Terms and Conditions
- LSCP multi-agency shared expertise training is provided free of charge to those working with children and young people in the Borough of Lewisham.
- Safeguarding Children Level 3 - Designated Safeguarding Leads course is charged at a non-refundable £60 per person fee to cover the costs of the trainer commissioned. This training should be repeated every 2 years.
- A £75 charge will be applied for the following reasons:-
a. Delegates must provide written cancellation notice of at least 5 working days’(7 calendar days) notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. Non-attendance at a course for any reason.
c. Please arrive on time and be prepared to stay for the whole session otherwise a charge may be applied. If you are significantly late, it is at the Trainer’s discretion if you permitted onto the course.
d. A delegate may substitute their place to another colleague, the replacement delegate must complete an application form and notification made to the LSCP Event Management System within 48 hours prior to the course taking place.
- Applications after the booking closing date may be considered if places remain available. Applicants should telephone 020 8314 3396 to check if a place is available.
- Queries can be made by email on email@example.com or by telephone 020 8314 3396
- All delegates are required to commit to completing the 3 stages of Evaluation to inform future commissioning arrangements and to measure the impact training has had in your practice when working with children and their family.
Stage 1 - Pre-Evaluation (48 hours before the course) to inform the trainers of your level of knowledge on the subject to assist with the delivery of the training.
Stage 2 - Post Evaluation (immediate after the course) to evaluate the impact on learning for your knowledge to embed into practice
Stage 3 - Learning into Practice (3 months after the course) to evaluate the impact the learning has had on your practice when working with children and their family.
In the current programme, all learning will be provided via Webinars. We will reconsider classroom learning to commence April 2023 depending on the status of the Covid-19 pandemic.
View & Book