Child Trafficking, Modern Slavery, and the National Referral Mechanism
Target Group: Professionals who work directly with children and families who may come into contact with
foreign national children where there is a concern for trafficking
Trainer: Child Trafficking Advice Centre, NSPCC
Time: 9:30am – 1:00pm
Dates: Tuesday 11th February 2020
Delegates: 20 places
Aims and Objectives
- Define child trafficking, what children are trafficked for and the key risks indicators.
- Information about high risk groups, trends and models of good practice such as missing children.
- Clarity of responsibilities and procedures to follow.
- Identify high risk groups, current trends and models of good practice.
- Provide knowledge of relevant guidance, legislation, and procedures, including the Modern Slavery Act and the National Referral Mechanism.
- Give a voice to the survivors of child trafficking by means of a short DVD.