Domestic Violence & Abuse Awareness
Target Group Professionals who work directly with children, young people and families, and who contribute to assessing, planning, intervening,
and reviewing the needs of a child or young person
Trainer: Roz Amat - Positive Parenting Company / National Trainer for the AVA Community Groups Programme.
Delegates: 20 places
Aims and objectives:
- What is domestic abuse? (Home Office definition).
- Different forms of domestic abuse.
- Effects of domestic abuse.
- Possible warning signs.
- Supporting victims - do's and don'ts.
- Myths and realities regarding domestic abuse.
- Domestic abuse and the law.
- MARAC (Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference).
- Local and National Services.