Gangs, Exploitation & Effective Practice
Target Group: Professionals who work directly with children and young people
Trainer: Lewisham Serious Youth Violence Team
Time & Dates: Thursday 18th June 2020, 9:20am to 1pm.
Thursday 22nd October 2020, 9:20am to 1pm.
Thursday 25th February 2021, 1:20pm to 5pm
Delegates: 20 places
Aims and Objectives:
- Raise awareness of the issues involving young people in serious youth violence and gangs in Lewisham.
- Will help you to identify and develop the key skills and techniques required to work with those involved in gangs and serious youth violence.
- Overview of the historical background to serious youth violence.
- Understand what processes and interventions are in place in Lewisham / Nationally to support practitioners and clients.
- Provide you with real problem solving scenarios to increase practical understanding of gang activity.
- Identify at the earliest stages possible whether a young person is involved in gangs and serious youth violence.
- The nature of gangs and other threats, including child sexual exploitation and grooming of children to deal drugs.
- Help you to make quality referrals to the Gangs Intervention Team.
- Basic knowledge of Lewisham gangs