Introduction to Safeguarding Children & Young People in Lewisham - Lunchtime Briefing
Target Audience: Professionals who work with or who have regular contact with children and young people.
Trainer: Nikki Thorpe, Lewisham Safeguarding Children Board
Dates: Thursday 11th July 2019
Wednesday 25th September 2019
Thursday 28th November 2019
Tuesday 21st January 2020
Delegates: 20 places
Aims & Objectives
- Understanding the role and functions of your Safeguarding Children Partnership.
- Introduction to key themes from child safeguarding practice reviews, locally and nationally.
- Introduction to a child centred practice and a co-ordinated response to safeguarding children and young people,
including professional curiosity and what children and young people need from those who work with them.
- Introduction to the roles and functions of safeguarding and child protection leads in your organisation.
- Introduction of the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Introduction to Lewisham's Continuum of Need, a consent based model.