Introduction to the LSCP Training Programme, Terms & Conditions, and Venues
Introduction to the LSCP Training Programme
Welcome to the Lewisham Safeguarding Children Partnership (LSCP) training programme 2020 - 2021.
This training supplements the single agency training provided by your organisation and aims to provide all professionals who work with Lewisham’s children and young people a variety of skills and knowledge in safeguarding practice to keep those who are vulnerable safe.
LSCP courses provide an opportunity to network, share information and ideas, and learn about the range of services available in Lewisham. Multi-agency training also facilitates a shared understanding and common language within agencies to better safeguard children and young people in the borough. It is crucial that staff are supported to attend single and multi-agency training as well as have a system in place to monitor how the knowledge and skills gained from training are transferred in everyday practice.
Individual agencies and employers are responsible for ensuring that their staff are competent and confident in carrying out their responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and in order to fulfil their safeguarding duties as identified in Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018.
The LSCP may provide additional training to what is listed in response to local or national developments. We recommend you review the training programme regularly and access the LSCP Safeguarding Briefings via our website.
Terms and Conditions
- LSCP multi-agency training is provided free of charge to those working with children and young people in the Borough of Lewisham.
- A £75 charge will be applied for the following reasons:-
a. Delegates must provide written cancellation notice of at least 5 working days’ notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. Non-attendance at a course for any reason.
c. Please arrive on time and be prepared to stay for the whole session otherwise a charge may be applied. If you are significantly late, it is at the Trainer’s discretion if you permitted onto the course.
d. A delegate may substitute their place for a delegate, the replacement delegate must complete an application form and notification made to the LSCP within 48 hours prior to the course taking place.
- Applications after the booking closing date may be considered if places remain available. Applicants should telephone 020 8314 3396 to check if a place is available.
- Queries can be made by email on email@example.com or by telephone 020 8314 3396
- All delegates are required to commit to completing the Stage 2 Learning Evaluation immediately after the learning has taken place.
- All Line Managers are required to commit to completing a Stage 3 Learning Evaluation, with periodic review over 3 months following the date of the learning. This is applied to all half day and full day learning sessions, but not including Lunchtime Briefings.
In the current programme, all learning will be provided via Webinars. We will reconsider classroom learning to commence January 2022 depending on the status of the Covid-19 pandemic.