Mental Health First Aid - Youth
THIS COURSE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LEWISHAM COUNCIL HEALTH IMPROVEMENT SERVICE.
PLEASE DIRECT YOUR QUERIES TO: healthimprovement@Lewisham.gov.uk
Youth Mental Health First Aid is an internationally recognised training programme designed specifically for those people that teach, work, live with or care for young people aged 11-18 years.
Delivered by qualified Youth MHFA instructors.
This course is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health and suitable for frontline staff working or volunteering in the London Borough of Lewisham. You may also be interested in Mental Health First Aid for Adults. Please refer to the Health Improvement Training Brochure.
- Provides information, tools, techniques to promote a young person's mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Enables participants to support a young person who might be experiencing mental and emotional distress.
Attending this course will help you to:
- Spot the early signs of mental health problems in young people.
- Feel confident helping a young person experiencing a problem.
- Provide help on a first aid basis.
- Help protect a young person who might be at risk of harm.
- Help prevent a mental illness getting worse.
- Help a young person to recover faster.
- Guide a young person towards the right support.
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems.
Two Days; 9:30am to 5:00pm.
Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th April 2020,
This Way Up Well Being
KSF Dimensions Covered:
Core: 1, 2, 6
HWB: 1, 2, 3