Private Fostering Awareness Briefing
Target Group: Any professional working with children or who come into contact with children during the course of their
work should be aware of what private fostering is, why this knowledge is important, and their responsibility
in the reporting of such cases. An example of a Private Fostering Placement was Victoria Climbe.
Trainer: Angela Duah - Private Fostering Senior Social Worker, Lewisham
Venue: Will be confirmed in the booking confirmation email.
Times & Dates: 12 noon to 1:30pm - Wednesday 13th October 2021
Delegates: 20 places
Aims and Objectives
- Provide an overview of professionals duties and responsibilities in safeguarding privately fostered children and young people.
- Explore legal definitions and the legal framework of Private Fostering.
- Simple identifying indicators of private fostering arrangements.
- Explore a range of issues that can overlap private fostering, such as child trafficking and exploitation.
- An opportunity to share and explore best practice.
View & Book