Safeguarding Children Level 3 - Designated Safeguarding Leads (multi-agency) WEBINAR
Target Group Appointed Designated Safeguarding Leads.
This course is not applicable to Schools. Schools should register for training with STEEP.
Refresh: Every 2 years.
Trainer: Rahana Hussain
Times: 9:30am – 3:00pm
Dates: Monday 28th June 2021 - This date is now full.
Wednesday 29th September 2021
Tuesday 7th December 2021
Wednesday 23rd March 2022
As the Designated Safeguarding Lead you are the first point of contact for staff members, families and other people who have access to your organisation, so it’s essential that your knowledge of child protection procedures is in-depth and up-to-date. This Designated Safeguarding Lead course is suitable for anyone who works frequently with children and who holds a management, supervisory or designated child protection role in settings such as alternative education provisions, academies, universities, charities, places of worship, sports clubs, leisure centres and GP and healthcare practices.
This online Designated Safeguarding Lead course will teach you more about what the role involves and will help you to understand the safeguarding process in more detail. The course uses a variety of written text and interactive exercises.
Outcomes: By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the overall role and main responsibilities of the designated safeguarding lead (DSL);
- Understand the key legislation and guidance that determines your organisation’s policy for child safety and welfare;
- Understand the process following a referral to children's social care, your role and your agency role in the multi-agency child protection process, including an understanding of responding to disclosures, having a working knowledge of thresholds and case conferences;
- Explain the issues connected to recording and sharing information, including confidentiality;
- Show an awareness of the emotional impact of safeguarding children and identify ways in which a safeguarding lead can support staff;
- Explore the main areas of concern highlighted in recent local Child Safeguarding Practice reviews and be able to consider this knowledge in relation to practice;
- Gain a deeper awareness of current issues in safeguarding such as child sexual exploitation, online risks; domestic abuse and a knowledge base of tools and resources that can assist your role.
To view and book this course, please follow this temporary link: https://www.safeguardinglewisham.org.uk/events/event/safeguarding-children-level-3-designated-safeguarding-leads-multi-agency